Monday 26 April 2010

Agent Dresden questions Q.:




(OOC preamble - On a visit to Qadriyya's store, Q's Quirks, in Sinner's Bay, Agent Dresden (Vittorio Abruzzo) begins to question Q about Laura's death and what she might know.)



Vittorio Abruzzo smiles, as he closes the door, glancing around the establishment, his pale blue eyes alert and flickering over details as his mind registers them.


Qadriyya Halostar turns as someone enters the store, and she recognizes the man from the other night at the club in Sinner's Rest. "Ah, you're the .. agent or something, right?" She studies him briefly.

Vince Dresden chuckles softly,.. a mild amount of irritation wavering through his voice.. "My word sure does travel fast in these parts! Yes, Ma'am.. that's me.. Agent Vince Dresden.. But please, feel free to call me Vince."


Qadriyya Halostar eyes him. "I saw you at the club the other day, and I briefly overheard you talking to a blond lady, not much, but I got an idea. It wasn't through mind reading or something, I assure you, or word traveling anywhere.." She chuckles. "Well, Mr. Dresden, to what reason do I owe this visit?"


Vince Dresden smiles, and glances around for seating... seeing none, he simply leans his back against the counter.. "I see your love for music extends past your DJ'ing. Sex Pistols, old Billy Idol.. you seem to have some good taste."


Qadriyya Halostar glances around the small store and nods at him. "Yes, I do like quite a bit of music, and those are some of the genres I enjoy. I sell music here in record form and other formats besides vinyl."


Vince Dresden grins wider, and settles an elbow onto the counter making himself more comfortable.. "I'm not sure I can consciously agree with Adam Ant or the Human League, however. But, let me cut to the chase as to why I'm here to speak with you..."


Qadriyya Halostar shrugs. "Merely a display. I carry other stuff as well, so what can I do for you, Mr. Dresden?"


Vince Dresden: "I would first like to offer my condolences, I know how it feels to lose someone close to you in such a horrible way."
Vince Dresden loses his smile, his lips down turning mildly in empathy, pale blue eyes clouding mildly as he imagines his own loss for a moment, before his head shakes softly.. and their keen gaze settle back on her.


Qadriyya Halostar sighs as he mentions Laura's demise and the body being -- "Yes, I heard, and I've identified.." She nods briefly. "Thank you. It is horrible."


Vince Dresden offers a small, encouraging smile.. "I want you to know, I am going to do everything in my power to find the killer, and bring them to justice... which is one of the things that brings me here today... Anything that you may know, could prove very helpful.."


Qadriyya Halostar studies him and smiles. "I'm glad to hear that, Mr. Dresden. Ah, yes, I've had one policeman come by with some questions.. "


Vince Dresden: "Well, not to impugn the reputation of the local police, I'd really rather deal with everyone myself.. they seem a bit.....overwhelmed.. by this all. And of course, I have experience on the case... We believe this killer has struck before you see?"


Qadriyya Halostar shrugs. "Well, I am happy to try and help either way as it is needed." At his words, she nods again. "I see. Well, I would like to find out whoever did this to Laura and see them end up behind bars where they belong."


Vince Dresden: All accounts have you as Laura's dearest friend.. I can certainly see why, even in a city full of lovely women, you two most definitely stand out. Birds of a feather, and the like. I, also was paying rather good attention the other night, and it could actually prove of interest, were you and Laura friends......or lovers?


Qadriyya Halostar chuckles. "Yes, she is my best friend, and I've known her for a while." She nods. "We always kept in touch, even going and coming back." She stares at him. "Lovers?" Her voice holds some tone of surprise.


Vince Dresden: Well miss, I would be more than happy to have a woman as lovely as yourself give me the looks you were shooting your lady friend at the 7 sins.... So, I am assuming you are at the least interested in women.... again, this is in no way a judgment, but if I'm looking for a man, when I should be looking for a woman.... you understand."


Qadriyya Halostar snorts lightly. "I don't recall giving anyone looks, Mr. Dresden, and no, I wasn't Laura's lover or something. Just good friends."


Vince Dresden: "The condition of the body, as well as the means used to kill her, both point to a crime of passion.. As you were such good friends perhaps you could illuminate me on her very swift growing interest in illicit drugs?"


Qadriyya Halostar shrugs. "I suspected that she was using, and I could see the signs, though I don't actually take part in such myself. It wasn't too long as I think that she has been into such.. stuff."


Vince Dresden: No. Me either. I don't suppose you knwo of any new friends she may have made? Ones that are active in such drug use? Possibly someone who could have supplied her? Did she have a boyfriend?



Qadriyya Halostar rubs a hand over her cheek. "I'm sure I could probably give it some thought.. this is all rather sudden, Mr. Dresden, and hard to take in. Could we pick up this questioning soon? I'd like to some time to adjust."


Vince Dresden smiles softly and nods his head solemnly.. "Well, just remember,t he longer we take, the more of a head start our murderer gets... " He pulls out his wallet ahnding over a business card.


Vince Dresden: Any time of night, if you think of anything at all, do not be at all worried over calling me.. that's my personal number."

Qadriyya Halostar nods. "I won't take long, Mr. Dresden, and agreed." She reaches out to take his card. "I will, and call you with anything that I have."


Vince Dresden: good... good. I look forward to hearing from you miss Q, and Im sure I will be seeing you at your shows.. I admire you work.
Vince Dresden: Good evening for now, Miss..

Qadriyya Halostar smiles. "Ah, thank you, glad you enjoy it. I sing sometimes at the Smuggler's Inn in Sinner's Rest as well. I'll be in contact in the next couple of days."

No comments:

Post a Comment