Thursday 15 April 2010

Preamble: A cop turns up to question Q about Laura

Drake Lavender tries knocking once more

Drake Lavender steps down the stairs as no one has answered the door
Qadriyya Halostar hears the knocking on the downstairs' door, and leaving the upper area -- she heads down before opening the front entrance. Spying a man there, she smiles. "Hello, may I help you?"
Drake Lavender: "Hello miss, I am terribly sorry to bother you at this hour, but there have been reports that you may have information on Laura Dreadlow, do you mind if I have a minute with you?"
Qadriyya Halostar smiles and gestures him to enter the office space. "Sure, come on in, and we can talk upstairs in my shop. I'm Qadriyya, though most call me Q, and you are?" She doesn't miss the mention of Laura's name from him.
Drake Lavender smiles "Thanks, I am Drake, I have just started working on this case, hoping to put forth some positive contributions."
Qadriyya Halostar nods at him. "Ah, Drake all right.. do you have a badge of some sort? Are you a police man or ..?" She raises an eyebrow while studying him a bit more intently.
Drake Lavender feels as if she is doubting his credibility. "Yes, I do. Sorry for being out of uniform, but I just got the call to help working on this."
Drake Lavender pulls out a Sinners Bay Prison ID Card
Qadriyya Halostar nods at him before she leans forward to carefully examine the ID card as he shows it to her. "I am one to ask as frankly, we've had some attacks and break in attempts in the store and office lately. All right, Drake, just follow me upstairs and we can talk? Hm, coffee?" She points at the machine behind her.
Drake Lavender feels sorry for the woman alone "Sorry about that, maybe I can work on that case next."
Drake Lavender shakes his head "No thanks on the coffee, I am wide awake, I am used to the night shift."
Qadriyya Halostar nods as she smiles. "That would be fine, but for now, I'm happy to answer questions on Laura.. she is my best friend.. "Her voice drifting off, she pauses to get herself a cup of coffee from the machine before making a beeline for the stairs.

Drake Lavender: "Nice place, Q!"
Qadriyya Halostar smiles as she settles on the couch and looks around. "Thank you, Drake. Now what can I answer for you?"

Drake Lavender: "About Laura, how long before her dissapearance did you come into contact with her?"

Qadriyya Halostar pauses before setting the coffee cup on the table and near the record player. "Well, probably the same day, I suppose, actually, but it was earlier.. "
Drake Lavender: "I see, and did you have any idea of her plans for later in the day?"
Drake Lavender paces around the room, very comfortable after doing many interrogations.


Qadriyya Halostar ponders as she regards the cop pacing over the store's floor as he questions her. "Oh, well, not really. She did mention seeing someone, but didn't give specifics, but you know, I think that it was someone of the male persuasion ..."
Drake Lavender: "Ok, I see." he says with a hint of accusation in his voice.
Drake Lavender: "Look I will cut straight to it" he pauses "I hate to be this guy but..."
Drake Lavender walks to the couch to sit down next to Q

Drake Lavender: "The reason I came here is because you are now being looked at as a suspect."
Qadriyya Halostar looks rather incredulous at his words as he mentions Q being a suspect. "Seriously? I am her best friend, and hardly one to actually have any motive to kill her. However, if this is the case, I will have to ask you to conduct the questioning through the proper channels then to protect my legal rights. I will have my lawyer help handle this matter,as well as I suggest you produce evidence in that case or something." She looks a bit less friendly at the man's audacious accusation. "Now if you have nothing further.. perhaps you should leave."
Drake Lavender does not move after her comments. "Maam, I was just asked to deliver you the message. I wish that I could tell you what reasoning or evidence the station has to come up with this, but I am not involved with the prosecution. I am only coming here as a service to you., When the station called me, they told me to ask you those two questions. I apologize that I am the one to bear this news to you."

Drake Lavender feels sorry for Q, as he knows that the station rushes to frame people to ease the publics mind.
Drake Lavender offers comforting words "I am sure everything will work out and she will be found alive before anything bad happens to you."
Qadriyya Halostar raises an eyebrow. "I see, well, I am not one to shoot the messenger. However, I suggest you come up with more than just hearsay, and knowing Laura, there has to be more than myself as a suspect. So, again, if you have nothing further, Officer, I have things to do. Should your outfit feel ready to ask in helping to find Laura, come back and talk to me.. otherwise, good bye."

Qadriyya Halostar pauses. "So, your message has been delivered.. do you have anything to ask that could help in finding Laura? I actually am concerned about her." She looks rather concerned suddenly before sighing. "Hearing that I am a suspect is hardly what I expected."
Drake Lavender steps back forward towards her "Yes, I am sure that is tough news for you, I have not heard of any new breakthroughs on the case, but I am hoping we get somewhere, and it doesn't have to do with you, you seem like a fair lady."
Drake Lavender gives off a smile to the irritated woman
Qadriyya Halostar hardly looks irritated at the moment. "Well, I am sure that you are not here to access my personality."
Drake Lavender: "Of course its not, just relaying you a message."
Drake Lavender: "Mind if I sit down?
Qadriyya Halostar gestures at the couch. "Sure, if you like." She nods.

Drake Lavender feels his cell phone go off and says "Actually, sorry I have to get back to the prison to read a fax. I will be back though. Don't stress, I am sure everything will be alright... Have a good night, miss."
Drake Lavender darts down the stairs
Qadriyya Halostar waves at him as he leaves the store. "Right.." In the meantime, she settles back to ingest the news about Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment